[Timothy's Team] Take Action on September 16 - Call Your Senator

Bryan O'Malley bomalley at mhanys.org
Mon Sep 15 17:08:02 EDT 2003

Untitled DocumentFor those of you unable to make it to Albany Tuesday
morning, there are other steps you can take to ensure passage of Timothy's
Law.  Sunday's Syracuse Post-Standard included a story indicating that
Senator Bruno thought that 'Timothy's Law' might have a chance of passing on
Tuesday.  We want to send a message to him that we saw the article, and that
we encourage him to follow through and pass Timothy's Law.

In order to get this message across, we are encouraging you to call your
Senator, and deliver the following message:

"Senator, Please pass Timothy's Law, Today!"

You can reach your Senator by calling the Senate switchboard at (518)
455-2800 and asking to be connected with your Senator.  For those who do not
know who their Senator is, please see
http://map01.elections.state.ny.us/boe/main.asp

A copy of the article is attached below.  Please forward this message on
until the end of Tuesday, September 16.
  Syracuse, NY

Destiny bill unlikely

State Senate reconvenes Tuesday, may take up law on mental health insurance.

September 14, 2003

excerpt -

"And Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno, R-Brunswick, also hinted his house
may take up "Timothy's Law," which requires insurance plans to cover mental
health and substance abuse treatments to the same extent that they cover
physical illnesses and injuries."

To read the entire article, click
http://www.syracuse.com/printer/printer.ssf?/base/news-11/106352863925460.xm

For more information, go to www.timothyslaw.org