[Timothy's Team] More transportation information for Sept 16

Bryan O'Malley bomalley at mhanys.org
Wed Sep 10 16:19:07 EDT 2003

Untitled Document
Well, the rally for Timothy's Law is only 6 days away, and support seems to
be growing continuously.  As noted in the previous e-mail, busses will be
coming to Albany from Phoenix (about 20 minutes North of Syracuse) and New
York City.  Phoenix has increased their total to 3 busses, and there are now
2 expected from NYC.  Both of these busses are free, so if you are looking
for a ride from either of these areas, this could be a valuable resource.
Carpooling and caravans are being coordinated from both Poughkeepsie and
Watertown.  More information about each of these is below.

The rally should help demonstrate to everyone the broad level of support
that Timothy's Law has throughout the state.  After a strong showing on the
16th, no longer will officials be able to claim that this is a small issue
that effects only a small number of people.  We will need all the support
that we can get, so if there is any way you can get to Albany next Tuesday,
September 16th, we hope that you will.

Driving directions are available on the website at www.timothyslaw.org.

You can also help to increase attendance by forwarding this message to your
friends.  We ask that you only forward it to those you know, as we do not
wish to be responsible for spam.  But if everyone were to forward this to 5
people, it could help increase turnout tremendously.

And again, at the bottom of this e-mail is a form for you to refer friends
to Timothy's Team.  We hope that you will take advantage of this feature to
let your friends know about this valuable resource and help build the
movement for "Timothy's Law."  The more people we can reach, the more
momentum we will gain.

As always, thanks for everyone's efforts.  Without your help, we could not
be where we are today.

Bus and Carpool Information

Watertown
In addition to the bus, the Independent Living Center in Watertown is
arranging a van.  While the van is full, they are looking to caravan with
supporters.  To find out more information and join a caravan from  the
Watertown region, contact elizabethp at nrcil.org.

Poughkeepsie
Carpooling is also being arranged from the Poughkeepsie area.  Lynn Rogers
is coordinating this effort.  If you would like to know how to go about
joining this carpool, you can contact Lynn at (845) 473 2500 ext. 343, or by
e-mail at mhadc-famsup at libertybiz.rr.com.

New York City
Bus leaves at 11:30a.m.
425 West 47th Street
(between 9th and 10th Avenues)

SEATING IS LIMITED. To REGISTER, you must RESERVE a seat by calling Vuka
Stricevic at (212) 801-3317. Please leave your name, phone number, and
program if applicable.

Phoenix (Syracuse area)

The bus will begin boarding at 10:30 a.m. and leaves promptly at 11:00 a.m.
Town of Schroeppel Office Bldg., Route 57A Phoenix, NY 13135.
(approximately 22 miles north of Syracuse, NY)

Take 481 north; get off at exit 13.  Take left off from exit and go about ½
mile.  Town office bldg. will be on the right hand side.

To REGISTER, you must RESERVE a seat by calling Debra Graham at (315)
695-2201. Please leave your name, phone number, and how many seats you would
like to reserve. SEATING IS LIMITED

      Refer A Friend
      Friend's Name:
      Friend's Email: