[Alliance Enews] ACT NOW! : Only a Few Slots Left for Alliance's Leadership Institute 2024

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at rightsandrecovery.org
Sat Dec 30 21:15:17 EST 2023

Alliance Note:  Not all leaders are born- excellence in transformative leadership can be developed with the right guidance and nurturing support!  Over the past 5 years, the Leadership Institute at our Alliance for Rights and Recovery (formerly NYAPRS) has helped leaders from behavioral health organizations across New York and the nation to strengthen their competencies and confidence and their impact on their agencies and staff and the people they support.  Our approach is firmly grounded in recovery and rehabilitation principles and the promotion of value-based practices that are grounded in people first values.

Most recently, we have developed a special focus in supporting and  promoting successful leaders of growing peer run organizations.

Once again, the Alliance is offering 15 leaders the opportunity to improve skills to assure that the people they support can achieve their personal goals and to recover and reclaim successful lives in the community. Here are some details about the Institute’s team:

  *   Institute Director Edye Schwartz, DSW, LCSW-R is a nationally acclaimed leader with specialties in fostering excellence through coaching, training and TA in leadership, management, and organizational change. Throughout her long career as executive director for a major nonprofit in the greater New York City area and as director for the Alliance’s (formerly NYAPRS) Division for System Transformation, Edye’s work has always been grounded in the core principles and practices of the recovery and psychiatric rehabilitation movements.  She has particular expertise in applying those principles to promoting the integration of behavioral and physical health systems. In recent years, she has offered specialized support for peer agencies and services.

The Leadership Institute has gathered an expert team of coaches that include:

  *   Amy Kohn, DSW, specializing in high impact executive coaching to young, mid-career and seasoned leaders with a focus on personal transformation that drives future success. Her expertise is based on many years of success in leading all aspects of administration, financial management and program and organizational development
  *   Lonnetta Albright, President & Chief Visioning Officer for the noted minority and female owned Forward Movement Inc. Lonetta is one of the most dynamic and transformative speakers, facilitators and coaches working around the globe; she is a Certified Personal and Executive Coach (CPEC) who served  for 17 years as  Executive Director and Principal Investigator of the Great Lakes ATTC at the University of Illinois at Chicago

·        Daniella Labate-Covelli, MSW, CPRP, who has helped to double the size and quality of training services and impact as the Alliance’s Director for Recovery and Rehabilitation Training

•     Jeremy H. Wright, MHA, who has provided oversight to one of the nation’s largest public health systems and a number of primary, specialty, and behavioral health clinics throughout the Chicago area. Most recently, he has focused on promoting entrepreneurship and  community building in the African American community

Registration is limited to the first 15 so don’t delay. Register now        REGISTER HERE<https://url.avanan.click/v2/___https:/rightsandrecovery.org/event-registration/?evt=ldr0224___.YXAzOm55YXByczphOm86YjRlZWUzNWMyOTJjY2ZhMTBlYjQyNGNhYWFhNzQxZGY6NjoxNWNiOmFjYWQwMjk3ZjU1ODNiYjE5MjE1MTk3ZWJhYzE5MDk2ZTY4YTI2MDdlMTk3MzNiOTZkYmQ4MjBmMzRiNTkyNTE6aDpU>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA2EA2.FA8B6530]LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE FEBRUARY-JULY 2024

The sustainability of our organizations depends on strong and skilled leadership at all levels. Good leadership produces services that improve lives by supporting people in their growth and recovery and strengthening communities, while reducing unnecessary use of more costly services.  As an integral part of our national technical assistance available for management staff of behavioral health organizations, The Alliance Leadership Institute 2024 is now available to help leaders move from good to great. We offer a 6-month course designed to increase management knowledge, improve leadership competencies and build confidence.

________________________________

WHAT OUR GRADUATES SAY ABOUT THEIR EXPERIENCE!

•       “My coach’s ability to balance theory with practical coaching while provoking very individualized reflection is exceptional!! She skillfully maneuvered between teaching, coaching, mentoring, and reflecting to stimulate an experience of active growth and insight.”

•       “Throughout the Institute training, I felt heard and supported.”

•       “This was a wonderful experience. I feel so much more confident as a leader and am very pleased I did this.”

•       “I am more aware of myself in how I communicate, taking the time to listen, then think about my responses.”

WHO SHOULD ENROLL?

  *   CEO’s, COO’s, Division Directors and other senior level managers who want to enhance their skills.
  *   New or rising behavioral health stars who have just or will be promoted into senior positions and could benefit from knowledge and competency building in the area of leadership.

WHAT WILL BE OFFERED?

We offer approaches that support adult learning while also honoring your limited availability:

  *   Self-Assessment of participants comfort and confidence level with the areas of management necessary to lead your organization or division to success.
  *   Leadership skills and competencies that promote recovery and encourage successful individualized goal attainment for service participants.

  *   6 “live” virtual sessions (2 hrs. each) that include a Knowledge Building Webinar to share an understanding of good leadership mixed with exercises, discussion and break outs to Fine-tune Skills and Competencies by practicing, sharing experiences and learning from experts as well as each other.
  *   12 1-hour Individual Coaching Sessions, with a seasoned coach to explore applying leadership skills for successfully reaching desired outcomes.
  *   Unlimited access to Topic Specific Resources including tools, references and practice exercises.
  *   Web-based platform to Access all Recorded Activities.

HOW CAN I ATTEND?

Space is limited to only 15 enrollees. The cost is $3, 850 per person (discount for 3 or more enrollees from the same organization). Registration is based on a first come basis and closes Jan 15th, 2024 so hurry! Register Here<https://url.avanan.click/v2/___https:/rightsandrecovery.org/event-registration/?evt=ldr0224___.YXAzOm55YXByczphOm86YjRlZWUzNWMyOTJjY2ZhMTBlYjQyNGNhYWFhNzQxZGY6NjpmMjQ1OjUxMDBjNzNiOGU4YzczZThkOWUwNjZhMWY4MGE3M2VmMjA1NDlhMWU0MjE3M2RkOWNhYjE0MmEwODQzNGQxMmE6aDpU>

WHAT TOPICS ARE INCLUDED?

•        Vision, Culture and Strategy (supporting leadership that promotes participant success)

•        Finding Your Voice as a Leader (What is leadership-Issues leaders face- finding your unique style)

•        Creating and Leading an Anti-Racist Organization (Assuring equity, diversity and inclusion is front and center)

•        Attracting and Retaining a Dynamic Workforce (attracting the right staff and retaining your best people to enhance your mission, vision and values)

•        The Importance of Effective Financial and Data Management for Program Leadership (understanding what makes your agency function and learning to use it to your advantage)

•        The Art of Supervision and Team Building (helping your staff to grow so that they can offer participants multiple opportunities to reclaim their lives)