[NYAPRS Enews] SSS: How the Budget Control Act affects Social Security

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Fri Aug 5 08:04:20 EDT 2011

Dear Strengthen Social Security Campaign Member:

Below is a message that was just sent to the campaign E-activist list
that may be of use to you and your organization. With respect to Social
Security, we feel a temporary victory has been achieved thanks to
everyone's very hard work. We recognize that offers limited solace given
the overall outcome of the debt deal.

Also, here is a SSS Campaign fact sheet explaining how Social Security
fared in the debt dea
<http://strengthensocialsecurity.org/sites/default/files/SSSCHowtheDebtC
eilingDealAffectsSocialSecurityFINAL.pdf> l. And here is an excellent
piece by former Senator Russ Feingold
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russ-feingold/social-securitys-biggest_b_
917419.html> describing how the Super Committee can harm Social
Security. Clearly, our work is cut out for us over the next few months.
Onwards, Nancy Altman, Eric Kingson and Frank Clemente