[Timothy's Team] Timothy's Law TV Ad

Michael Seereiter mseereiter at mhanys.org
Tue May 17 10:49:24 EDT 2005

Recently, the Timothy's Law Campaign was generously offered an opportunity
to produce a television advertisement in support of Timothy's Law.  This was
made possible through the generosity of Binghamton, NY's Fox affiliate,
WICZ.  Needless to say, this opportunity is very exciting in that without
such a donatation of resources, a Timothy's Law television advertisement
would certainly have been cost prohibitive.

The ad is 30 seconds long and consists of several images of Timothy, from
his days as an infant and as an older boy, and ends with an image of
Timothy's grave marker.  All the while, the voice of Tom O'Clair, Timothy's
father, is heard, saying -
- "This was my son, Timothy, during his short 12 years on this earth. (Image
of Timothy as a baby)
- He completed his suicide four years ago.  We couldn't get the mental
health services he so desperately needed because of insurance restrictions.
(Image of Timothy with his dog, Holly)
- We are not alone.  Millions of New Yorkers face this discrimination every
day. (Image of Timothy with his dog, Max)
- It's too late for Timothy - we can't save him now.  But we can fix the law
to save others. (Video of Timothy blowing out candles on his 4th birthday)
- My name is Tom O'Clair, and this is my son, Timothy, now. (Image of
Timothy's grave marker)
- You can help me by calling the Governor and your elected leaders to tell
them to pass Timothy's Law." (Image of Timothy's Law button with website and
phone numbers for elected leaders)

You are encouraged to view the Timothy's Law TV ad on the newly redesigned
Timothy's Law website - www.timothyslaw.org.

We need your help in getting the Timothy's Law TV ad airtime on TV stations
throughout the state.  If you have any contacts with TV stations in your
area and would be willing to help try to get some airtime for this ad,
please contact Michael Seereiter at the Mental Health Association in NYS at
mseereiter at mhanys.org or 518-434-0439 x21.

Thanks for everything you continue to do to help make Timothy's Law a
reality.  Without your efforts, we couldn't have made it this far.

As always, you are encouraged to point others who may have an interest in
joining Timothy's Team to the website - www.timothyslaw.org - so they can
sign up for these periodic updates on Timothy's Law.