[Timothy's Team] A Call for Stories - Timothy's Law and ChangingMental Health Benefits

Michael Seereiter mseereiter at mhanys.org
Mon Dec 13 17:42:06 EST 2004

Once again, members of the Timothy's Law Campaign need your help to move our
effort forward.

Many of us have notieced, during this time of health insurance open
enrollment, that some of the health insurers are making changes to the
mental health and addiction treatment coverage they provide.  For example,
some people who subscribe to the Capital District Physicians Health Plan
(CDPHP) have noticed that they will be limited to a 60-day lifefime limit on
inpatient mental health coverage, beginning next year.  In addition, CDPHP
will institute a 7-day per year limit on inpatient chemical dependency
treatment, with a $500 co-pay, next year as well.

If you have or anyone you know has a health insurance policy that will be
making regressive changes to the mental health and addiction treatment
coverage they provide, we need to hear from you!!

We are collecting these stories and plan to highlight several of the changes
in health insurance policies as examples of why Timothy's Law is necessary,
next week.

Please contact Michael Seereiter at mseereiter at mhanys.org or at 518-434-0439
x21 if your health insurance will be making changes that will negatively
impact your mental health and addiction treatment coverage.  Responses to
this e-mail will not get to Michael, so contact him at the information
provided above.

And as always, keep in mind that Timothy's Law wouldn't be what it is today
without you.  To continue our momentum toward enactment of Timothy's Law,
please consider sending a friend an invitation to join Timothy's Team for
periodic updates on Timothy's Law.

Thanks for all your continued support and hard work!!

Refer A Friend
Friend's Name:
Friend's Email:
Your Name: