[Alliance Enews] Alliance Update from the Capital: Budget Negotiations Nearing End

Luke Sikinyi LukeS at rightsandrecovery.org
Wed Apr 17 10:21:45 EDT 2024

Alliance Update from the Capital

We are less than 24 hours away from the extended NYS budget deadline, which is currently tomorrow at noon! It is still unclear whether Albany lawmakers will need to approve another extender, but legislative leaders have expressed their desire to finalize the budget by the end of the week.

The Assembly and Senate continue to negotiate unresolved issues, including finalizing a deal to spur more affordable housing, NYC Mayoral control of city schools, and funding for health services.

Whether many of our priorities are included in the budget is still to be determined. The legislature is still negotiating funding a 3.2% COLA for human services agencies. I will be in the capital today to continue advocating for a flexible 3.2% increase so agencies can cover essential infrastructure costs and improve pay for the workforce.

The Alliance also continues our work with the Daniel's Law Coalition and our legislative champions to have Daniel's Law first responder pilot funding included in the final budget.

Other items we continue to push for include funding for additional Intensive and Sustained Engagement Teams (INSET) programs and money for Peer Bridger pilots.

We will continue to advocate for our community's needs until the budget is enacted. Monitor this email to get additional updates and learn ways you can support our efforts.

Luke Sikinyi
Director of Public Policy and Public Engagement
The Alliance for Rights and Recovery
194 Washington Ave. Suite 400
Albany, New York 12210
Cell: 518-703-0264
Office: 518-436-0008

NEW SITE :
Rightsandrecovery.org<https://rightsandrecovery.org/>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01DA90B1.0A80B830]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/alliance4rr/mycompany/> [cid:image002.jpg at 01DA90B1.0A80B830] <https://www.facebook.com/Alliance4RR>  [cid:image003.jpg at 01DA90B1.0A80B830] <https://www.instagram.com/alliance4rr/>  [cid:image004.jpg at 01DA90B1.0A80B830]  [cid:image005.jpg at 01DA90B1.0A80B830] <https://www.youtube.com/@nyaprs120>

[cid:image006.jpg at 01DA90B1.0A80B830]
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic transmission, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby instructed to delete and destroy all copies of the original message and notify The Alliance for Rights and Recovery immediately by return e-mail or by telephone at 518.436.0008.