[NYAPRS Enews] Correction: Join Harvey Rosenthal, Luke Sikinyi for NYAPRS Regional Forums in your Area to prepare for Feb 28 Legislative Day, Win a Free Conference Scholarship!

Luke Sikinyi LukeS at NYAPRS.ORG
Fri Jan 27 14:36:33 EST 2023

Correction: The date for NYAPRS' Annual Legislative Day is February 28th

NYAPRS Note: NYAPRS is once again fully committed to engaging in strong, determined advocacy to achieve our 2023 goals: increased funding for an 8.5% COLA and existing housing and an expansion of housing first initiatives, peer crisis engagement and post hospital discharge services. We're also committed to the rejection of any proposals to expand the use of coercion and to the passage of several pivotal criminal justice related reforms.

We are in the process of finalizing arrangements for

  *   buses from NYC, Long Island, the Hudson River Valley and Western and Central New York and
  *   Harvey and Luke will conduct regional forums in the coming weeks in Central Islip, Hempstead, New York City, White Plains, Albany, Westport, Binghamton, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo. Please see below for sites, dates and times. Please come to get policy updates, organizing support and local discussion, many including county mental health directors, on alternatives to the use of mandated outpatient (AOT) orders and inpatient admissions.

NYAPRS will be giving out a free Annual Conference Scholarship at every forum and on every bus: we want to support your action!

Finally, we have been forming a broader coalition that extends beyond mental health advocacy groups to include independent living, homeless, civil and disability rights, faith based and criminal justice reform groups. Look for alerts throughout the budget and legislative session.

Questions? Contact NYAPRS Public Policy Director Luke Sikinyi at lukes at nyaprs.org<mailto:lukes at nyaprs.org> or at 518-703-0264.

[cid:image002.png at 01D9325C.BEB540F0]