[NYAPRS Enews] Join NYAPRS Feb 22-March 4 Advocacy Day Next Tuesday's Advocacy Prep Webinar, Live March 10 Albany Legislative Day; Virtual Advocacy Info

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Wed Feb 16 15:40:04 EST 2022

NYAPRS Note: Come join NYAPRS February 22-March 4 Virtual Advocacy Weeks, our March 10 Albany Legislative Day and next Tuesday's 10:30 Advocacy Prep Session!

  *   Please take a look and use the attached Annual Legislative Day Book for your advocacy, including emailing it to your legislators.

  *   Please join us Tuesday February 22 at 10:30 for a webinar to review the issues and the advocacy involved. Please use the following NEW LINK to participate: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEuce2urD4oGNPcXIl2h7cNcYomYOis1DET. Please refer to the book during the webinar.
  *   A number of you are used to scheduling virtual advocacy session with your legislators and/or staff. We've attached a letter you can send them for those purposes as well.
  *   Finally, please place March 10 on your calendars as the date for our Annual Albany Advocacy Day. We'll be in the spacious "Well" in the Legislative Office Building to facilitate social distancing. We'll also be checking for proof of vaccination and expecting people to bring a mask.
Thanks to Governor Hochul, we're already off to a great start....let's join together to secure our other high priority budget items this session! Thanks!
[cid:image001.png at 01D81F3F.C154CAF0]

COME PARTICIPATE IN NYAPRS LEGISLATIVE DAYS!
February 22-March 4, 2022 (correction from previous announcement)

Save the Date for March 10th Albany Legislative Day

February 22nd   10:30 am Advocacy Prep Session

NYAPRS will be working with our members to start scheduling virtual zoom advocacy meetings with their state legislators and/or their staff during this year's NYAPRS Advocacy Weeks, between Tuesday February 22 to Friday March 4.

Join next Tuesday Advocacy Prep session at 10:30 to Noon this Tuesday February 22 presenting and discussing details on each of the issues and suggestions about how to present them to legislators and/or their staff.

We are also organizing for a March 10 Albany Legislative Day from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm in 'the Well' in the Legislative Office Building.

  *   Attendees are expected to bring proof of vaccination and a mask.
  *   The Well is large enough to allow for social distancing for what we expect to be a moderately sized group of NYAPRS self and system advocates.
NYAPRS will be providing a continental breakfast and lunch.

As always, our program will feature presentations from NYAPRS members and friends with guidance on how to present our respective issues to their legislators, followed by some remarks from prominent state officials and a role play of a typical legislative meeting.
-------------
NYAPRS 23rd Annual Legislative Day Program
Wednesday March 10, 2022

Program Schedule

9:30 am    Breakfast

10:00 am  Welcome Comments

10:05 am  NYAPRS 20221-2023 NYS Public Policy Priorities

11:05 Am  Featured Speakers

        *   Jihoon Kim, Deputy Secretary for Human Services and Mental Hygiene
        *   Dr. Ann Sullivan, Commissioner, NYS Office of Mental Health
        *   Assembly Mental Health Committee Chair Aileen Gunther
        *   Senate Mental Health Committee Chair Samra Brouk
        *   Senate Mental Health Committee Chair Samra Brouk

11:30 am                   Lunch

12:15 pm           News Conference/March

1:00 pm             Meetings/Zoom Calls with State Legislators and/or Staff

3:00 pm                     Return Home