[NYAPRS Enews] Watch, Comment at Today's June 30 1-3 pm NYS MISCC Olmstead Body Meeting

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Wed Jun 30 09:27:14 EDT 2021

Come watch or offer comment today at this afternoon's meeting of the NYS Most Integrated Setting Coordinating Council. Register at https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?func=VOFF&id=nysomh&date=2021-06-30&seq=1.

Today's meeting is especially significant in that 4 subcommittees co-chaired by MISCC Council advocates and State Agency Representatives will be hearing recommendations to advance policies relating to:

*       Deinstitutionalization

*       Community Services and Long Term Supports

*       Employment

*       State Plan update

See more information about the MISCC at https://www.ny.gov/olmstead-community-integration-every-new-yorker/most-integrated-setting-coordinating-council-miscc

Today's June 30 NYS MISCC Meeting Information

Link to Telecast
https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?func=VOFF&id=nysomh&date=2021-06-30&seq=1

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D76D92.1BA1A470]

  *   This meeting is being recorded and will be posted to the MISCC website after the meeting
  *   ASL interpretation will be provided throughout the meeting
  *   Video subtitles and screen reader features are available on the live telecast.  (link below)
  *   Council members and state partners will be automatically muted upon entry to the meeting
  *   Please "stop" your video feature when you're not actively speaking.  This will ensure the ASL interpreters are visible on the telecast at all times.

Link to Telecast
https://totalwebcasting.com/view/?func=VOFF&id=nysomh&date=2021-06-30&seq=1

Public Comment

  *   For public comment, please click on participation tab (SEE ABOVE FOR AN EXAMPLE OF HOW THIS WILL LOOK) on the telecast to submit your name, email address and comment and you'll be added to the list.
  *   We will address public comments on a first come first served basis.
  *   Please try to keep your comment to 2-3 minutes.

  *   All requests for public comment must be submitted on the telecast platform.
  *   There are two ways you can participate in public comment:
     *   You can submit your comment via the participation feature, and we'll read it out loud on your behalf.
     *   For those who cannot submit written comments, we will provide you with the Zoom call-in information and we will ask you to call in when we begin the public comment portion of the meeting.
  *   You will automatically be put on mute and when we call your name, we'll unmute your line. Once you give your remarks, you can disconnect.