[NYAPRS Enews] ALERT: GET READY FOR NEXT WEDNESDAY'S HALT CALL-IN DAY!

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Fri May 24 11:42:32 EDT 2019

NYAPRS Note: You can help win passage of the Humane Alternatives to Long-Term (HALT) Solitary Confinement Act by participating in a national call in Day next Wednesday May 29. Please see below for details! For more about the HALT bill, go to http://nycaic.org/legislation/ Thank you!

[cid:image002.png at 01D51223.34973DE0]

A CALL TO ACTION!

The #HALTsolitary bill HAS the votes to pass…

but leadership HAS NOT yet brought it to the floor

SO VOTERS must demand it!

Join a mass call-in

TODAY 5/29/19

Our goal is 1000+ calls

With 33 cosponsors in the Senate & 79 in the Assembly & others committed to vote YES…

the time to act is NOW!

  1.  CALLS - 1 URGENT MESSAGE

1.Call Senate Majority Leader Stewart-Cousins       (518) 455-2585 and tell her:

“Thousands of New Yorkers are suffering in solitary confinement for months, years, and decades. The HALT Solitary Confinement Act (S1623/A2500) has 33 Senate cosponsors and others committed to vote for it. Respectfully, I urge you to bring HALT to a vote now (as is, without watering down its protections), so we can finally end this torture. Do not let another mind or life be taken by this inhumane treatment. Thank you.”

2. Tell Assembly Speaker Heastie (518) 455-3791:

“Thousands of New Yorkers are still suffering in solitary confinement for months, years, and decades. Thank you for your leadership in supporting the HALT Solitary Confinement Act (A2500/S1623). We appreciate that the Assembly passed HALT last year and that you continue to support the bill. I respectfully urge you to again bring HALT to a vote now (as is, without  watering down its protections), so we can finally end this torture. Do not let another mind or life be taken by this inhumane practice. Thank you again.”

3. Call Your Own Senator (find at openstates.org<https://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/>):

[https://openstates.org/static/public/images/openstates_icon_transparent.01ab5cbe89e4.png]<https://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/>
Find Your State Legislators - Open States<https://openstates.org/find_your_legislator/>
openstates.org
Find Your Legislators Look your state legislators up by address or use your current location.

“Thousands of New Yorkers are suffering in solitary confinement for months, years, and decades. Thank you for your support of the HALT Solitary Confinement Act (S1623/A2500). We need you to end this torture by telling the Leadership that HALT is a priority and that you want them to bring the bill to a vote now (as is, without watering down its protections). Do not let another mind or life be taken by this inhumane practice. Thank you!”