[NYAPRS Enews] Tomorrow: 1 pm Capital Mental Health March for Housing, Workforce, Solitary Confinement Ban

Harvey Rosenthal HarveyR at nyaprs.org
Mon Feb 25 14:51:50 EST 2019

N E W S    A D V I S O R Y

Mental Health Advocates Rally at NYS Capital to Address
Housing and Workforce Crises, Criminal Justice Reforms

10am to Noon Program at the Egg's Hart Auditorium Features Local, Government Speakers
(see attached)

WHEN:                1:00 pm   Tomorrow (Tuesday)   February 26, 2108
WHERE:              East Steps NYS Capital   Albany, New York
WHAT:               Upwards of 600 mental health self and system advocates and community providers from across New York are coming to Albany tomorrow to march at the Capital and meet with state legislators on 3 primary issues.

*        Address housing rate deficits that are destabilizing our housing systems and our ability to promote stability of those we serve

*        2.9% Cost of Living Adjustment for the Human Services Sector to address longstanding shortages that have led to upwards of 50% staff turnover and 30% turnover rates and that touch the lives of a workforce that is largely comprised of women and people of color

*        To ban the use of Solitary Confinement for people with disabilities, pregnant mothers, young people and seniors.

Contact:             Harvey Rosenthal   518-527-0564

[http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af154/nyaprskizzi/NYAPRS%20Legislative%20Day%202010/full_egg.jpg]                          [cid:image008.jpg at 01D4CD19.A2C939C0]

[22330771403_a9412702b5_o.jpg]                          [img_7001-edited_25184663350_o.jpg]

[IMG-20130129-00130]                          [img_7007-edited_25387395621_o.jpg]

[cid:image021.jpg at 01D4CD18.6A27F620]
And Don't Forget to Save the Date for the NYAPRS 22nd Annual Legislative Day<https://www.nyaprs.org/event-calendar/2018/2/27/21st-annual-legislative-day-pg23y>