[NYAPRS Enews] Passion will Warm Albany This Week! Housing, Criminal Justice Issues Top NYAPRS' 2015 Advocacy

Harvey Rosenthal HarveyR at nyaprs.org
Mon Feb 23 08:49:02 EST 2015

In the midst of winter, advocates from across the state are gearing up to come to Albany once again to participate in NYAPRS' Annual Legislative Day, where our community comes to show their faces and raise their voices to advance issues of highest concern. According to weather reports, snow will not befall most of us across New York this Wednesday, not in Albany and in most parts.
As identified in numerous regional forums, committee meetings and other discussions, this year's priorities fall in the areas of Housing, Criminal Justice, Medicaid and Local Community Services. Embedded in all of them are emphases on choice and rights protections.
PROGRESS: we are getting very good reactions to our proposals to expand Crisis Intervention Teams and to implement Medicaid presumptive eligibility for people with BH conditions leaving prisons and jails. And yesterday, Governor Cuomo amended his budget proposal to restore prescriber prevails. But we'll need your support to get these and our other issues done this year!
We are expecting well over 600 energized advocates to come to Albany next week, many of whom will come in 16 buses from around the state. Most are full but some have room for YOU!
Please contact our regional coordinators below if you'd like to "Get on the Bus!".
However you get there, we're going to offer a full day of presentations, advocacy, a (brief) Capital rally and breakfast and lunch.
If you've never been to a NYAPRS Legislative Day, you must come and feel the passion and power of our community...it'll warm away the Albany cold! See you next Wednesday.

[cid:image001.png at 01D04CE8.77C8B3F0]