[NYAPRS Enews] Next Tues Hudson Valley NYAPRS Newburgh Forum Seeks Your Input on State Policy Changes, Advocacy!

Harvey Rosenthal HarveyR at nyaprs.org
Wed Oct 23 10:04:47 EDT 2013

Dear Friends of Recovery in the Hudson Valley Region,

Please join us at next Tuesday's NYAPRS Fall Regional Forum in Newburgh, which has been specially designed for peers, providers and advocates in Westchester, Putnam, Sullivan, Rockland, Orange, Ulster and Dutchess counties!

Our forums have historically provided you opportunity to learn and give your input around the timely issues of the day. Your participation in this event guarantees that you can bring pertinent information back to your organization, as well as offers you a chance to engage in dialogue with other leaders, advocates, and consumers in your community.

Next week's Regional Forum in Newburgh will focus on

*         OMH state hospital/services redesign that will start in 2014,

*         the move of Medicaid behavioral health services into managed care in 2015,

*         what should NYAPRS budget and legislative advocacy priorities be for the upcoming budget and legislative session.

You'll hear presentations from Sullivan County Director of Community Services Joseph Todora, NYAPRS Executive Director Harvey Rosenthal and NYAPRS Director of Public Policy Briana Gilmore.

These discussions will especially focus on what we as a community believe are priorities for how state and Medicaid reinvestment dollars should best be used to build up our community mental health services and supports.

Please join us for this exciting opportunity! A flyer highlighting your local event is attached herein to assist you in advertising this event within your program and to your wider community. As a valued friend of NYAPRS, we appreciate your commitment to assist your community members in coordinating attendance and travel to the forum.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the event or if we can assist your efforts to promote the event to your membership by emailing us at TaraD at nyaprs.org<mailto:TaraD at nyaprs.org>.