[NYAPRS Enews] Deegan Launches Recovery Library Web Resource: 'Join Our Conspiracy of Hope'

Harvey Rosenthal HarveyR at nyaprs.org
Mon Jun 10 09:59:00 EDT 2013

NYAPRS Note: NYAPRS Note: Over the last two decades, Pat Deegan has been an inspiring transforming force who has helped launch or encourage a number of historic advances in our recovery movement, including State Hospital Cemetery Restoration and Oral History Projects, Hearing Voices Simulation Training, Shared Decision Making Decision Supports and Personal Medicine.
Her latest advance in her 'Conspiracy of Hope' is her Recovery Library website, which is intended to provide 'the hope, the tools and the inspiration to recover after a diagnosis of mental illness.'
The site is offering a regularly updated collection of 'resources, videos and articles on the
lived-experience of recovery & wellness' and is intended to help subscribers (there is a $9.99 monthly fee) to run groups, learn wellness strategies, increase self directed choices in treatment and recovery,
and to encourage compassion for the lived experience of recovery. See below for more details.
Pat will be a featured speaker at the September 10-12 NYAPRS Annual Conference in Kerhonkson, NY and will be joining a panel of historic recovery leaders that will include Sally Zinman, Gayle Bluebird and Jacki McKinney. Look for more details soon.

[Pat Deegan, PhD & Associates, LLC]<http://patdeegan.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2c576fe38624afe44776449e&id=0d1502ec9c&e=97068c798c>

Hello!

We are thrilled to announce that the RECOVERYlibrary is now open!

You signed up to be on our waiting list, and as a result, you are among the first to know about this release.  By visiting www.recoverylibrary.com<http://patdeegan.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a2c576fe38624afe44776449e&id=9d904ee395&e=97068c798c> you can create your subscription.  Click on either "pricing" or "sign up" to determine the type of account you would like.

Remember, we add new content to the library each week and change the homepage on the first Monday of each Month.  We love feedback.  Let us know which resources are helpful and which resources you would like to see.  Be sure to visit often and help us spread the word!

Thank you for supporting our work and for supporting wellness and recovery.

Pat and the team

 follow on Twitter<http://patdeegan.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2c576fe38624afe44776449e&id=a3d4f99092&e=97068c798c> | friend on Facebook<http://patdeegan.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2c576fe38624afe44776449e&id=28280be9c3&e=97068c798c> | follow my blog<http://patdeegan.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a2c576fe38624afe44776449e&id=1afe26a925&e=97068c798c>

© 2013 Pat Deegan PhD & Associates, LLC, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
*|P.O. Box 208, Byfield, MA 01922|*