[NYAPRS Enews] Vermont Recovery Coach Academy offers comprehensive, integrated peer support training

Chacku Mathai chackum at nyaprs.org
Wed Jan 16 08:10:08 EST 2013

Vermont Recovery Coach Academy offers comprehensive, integrated peer support training

NYAPRS Note: This special invitation comes courtesy of Patty McCarthy, Director for Friends of Recovery – Vermont <http://www.friendsofrecoveryvt.org/> , a grassroots addiction recovery advocacy and education organization who has developed a ground-breaking recovery coaching curriculum that offers an integrated focus on mental health and addiction recovery for peer support. We understand that space is limited so register right away!

A recovery coach is a person who helps remove personal & environmental obstacles to recovery, links the newly recovered person to the recovery community, and serves as a personal guide and mentor in the management of personal & family recovery.

Vermont Recovery Coach Academy

A comprehensive, co-occurring mental health and addiction recovery training for peer support providers

Presented by Friends of Recovery- Vermont

February 25- March 1, 2013 Monday-Friday: 9:00-4:30

The Wilson House, East Dorset, VT

Rate: $975- All Inclusive

Other package rates available from $675 pp

REGISTRATION DEADLINE:

February 8, 2013

*$100 Deposit required

Lead Trainer Jo Romano

The Wilson House is the birthplace of Bill W., co-founder

of Alcoholics Anonymous, and is located in

East Dorset, Vermont. Wilson House is a non-profit foundation, which has been restored and is being maintained as a living memorial to Bill W.

During the Vermont Recovery Coach Academy, participants can attend meetings, enjoy self-organized activities. drumming circle & more!

RCA Learning Objectives:

● Describe recovery coaching guiding principles

● Explore wellness & recovery perspectives for addiction, mental health and co-occurring

conditions

● Identify diverse & varied pathways to recovery

● Explore medication-assisted therapy as a pathway to recovery

● Examine the roles & responsibilities of a recovery coach, including ethics & boundaries

● Practice coaching, motivational interviewing techniques & facilitation skills

● Learn & practice how to open & close a coaching meeting, & set a goal plan

● Gain familiarity with recovery planning tools & coaching templates

● Develop a personal & professional plan

● Gain knowledge of resources

“Fantastic learning and growth experience. Many of my attitudes, beliefs, and methods have been challenged. My mind has been opened, and I notice a positive shift in my overall perspective.”

-Will, Oct. 2012 RCA

Friends of Recovery- Vermont is a program of the Vermont Association for Mental Health & Addiction Recovery ♦ 802-229-6103 ♦ rca at friendsofrecoveryvt.org 100 State Street, Suite 352, Montpelier, VT 05602