[NYAPRS Enews] Fricks: Apply for NCBH, Lily Reintegration Awards

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Wed Jan 9 08:29:05 EST 2013

As someone with lived experience of serious mental illness, I know that when I’ve been recognized for my struggles and triumphs, it’s not about me but about the wonderful opportunity to share my story with others who may be experiencing similar challenges and need a mentor or advocate. So if you know someone on the recovery journey, I urge you to give them an opportunity to be recognized and to inspire and encourage their peers.

Since 1997, the Reintegration Awards have celebrated the achievements of those who dedicate themselves to improving the lives of individuals with serious mental illnesses, and those individuals living with mental illness who battle tremendous odds to improve their own lives and the lives of their peers. The 2013 awards are brought to you by the National Council for Behavioral Health and Eli Lilly and Company. Winners receive cash prizes of $5,000 to $10,000, to be donated to a nonprofit organization of their choice, and are honored at a special ceremony and dinner at the National Council Conference, April 8-10, 2013 (travel and expenses covered for honorees).Submissions are free and open in multiple categories:

Mentorship
Open to individuals who successfully manage their mental illness and inspire others by sharing their knowledge.
Click here <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236945:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  to nominate yourself or someone you know

Achievement
Open to individuals who — while living with mental illness — have provided hope and inspiration to others.
Click here <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236946:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  to nominate yourself or someone you know

Advocacy
Open to individuals or organizations that advocate within their community for a better life for people living with mental illnesses.
Click here <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236947:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  to nominate yourself or someone you know

Artistic Contribution
Open to individuals whose outstanding artistic expression (e.g., painting, music) contributes to their own reintegration process and that of others, and leads to greater understanding of people struggling with mental illness.
Click here <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236948:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  to nominate yourself or someone you know

Education
Open to individuals, organizations, or programs that help people living with mental illness achieve their educational goals.
Click here <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236949:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  to nominate yourself or someone you know

Employment
Open to individuals, organizations, or programs that help people living with mental illness develop the skills necessary to secure and maintain employment.
Click here <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236950:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  to nominate yourself or someone you know

Housing
Open to individuals, organizations, or programs that help people living with mental illness find safe, affordable housing.
Click here <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236951:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  to nominate yourself or someone you know

Clinical Medicine
Open to individuals, organizations, or programs that adopt innovative and effective treatment approaches to promote recovery for individuals with mental illnesses.
Click here <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236952:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  to nominate yourself or someone you know

To learn more about these and the National Council’s other awards, visit www.thenationalcouncil.org/cs/awards_of_excellence/about <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236953:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r> .

Your entry typically requires just one hour of your time. Draw inspiration from past winners at the Hall of Honor <http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/19236954:21641397133:m:1:1384196037:BC0DD34F15149713307C88486E144C50:r>  and start planning your submission now. Remember entries for all categories close on January 10, 2013.

Questions? Email us at awards at thenationalcouncil.org or call 202.684.7457.

Best Regards

Larry Fricks
Senior Integrated Health Consultant