[NYAPRS Enews] OMH Dec 5v Webinar: No More Paper Checks: New Requirements for Electronic Distribution of Federal Cash Benefits

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Mon Nov 19 10:49:10 EST 2012

No More Paper Checks: New Requirements for Electronic Distribution of Cash Benefits

Join us for a Webinar on December 5

 <https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/226185352>

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/226185352

On March 1, 2013, The Treasury Department is phasing out paper check payments and requiring federal benefit recipients to get their money electronically. You can choose to get your payments by direct deposit to a bank or credit union account or to a Direct Express® Debit MasterCard® card account.
     If you are already receiving your federal benefit payments electronically, this change will not affect you.  It is imperative that we educate ourselves and the people we serve so that we avoid unnecessary fees and develop financial literacy.  For more information go to:  http://www.godirect.org/

Title:

No More Paper Checks: New Requirements for Electronic Distribution of Cash Benefits

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Time:

1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EST

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Mac®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer

Mobile attendees
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet

NOTE NEW eMAIL ADDRESS : Effective March 31, 2012, the New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH) will no longer accept mail addressed to the "omh.state.ny.us" domain. Please update your address book to reflect our new email domain of "omh.ny.gov”.

IMPORTANT NOTICE : This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise protected by law from further disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this e-mail and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments.