[NYAPRS Enews] July 24 NYAPRS HHLC webinar to Feature Dr. Joe Parks on Missouri's Health Home Experience

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Thu Jun 28 08:21:33 EDT 2012

NYAPRS note: Last January, Missouri joined New York as two of the first states to implement Health Homes, new networks of accountable, coordinated medical and behavioral health services that are designed to improve care outcomes while reducing avoidable costs. Under the leadership of Dr. Joseph Parks, Missouri has made impressive strides in this area and has compiled some very interesting data to gauge their progress to date.

The NYAPRS Health Home Learning Collaborative is pleased that Dr. Parks has agreed to present on the Missouri health home experience to HHLC members on July 24, details to follow below. We'll be asking Dr. Parks to comment on the program's structure, service menu, rates and reimbursement systems, incorporation of electronic health records, integration of care and use of peer support and other innovations.

If you have not yet joined our learning collaborative you can still do so. Please remember that this is one of the many member benefits of NYAPRS. So please join us as a member of NYAPRS and as a member of the Health Home Learning Collaborative as we continue forth providing services that promote recovery rehabilitation and rights!

SAVE THE DATE

NEXT NYAPRS MEMBER HEALTH HOME LEARNING COLLABORATIVE

Tuesday July 24th  2:30-3:30pm

"Lessons Learned from Missouri: Paving the Way for Health Homes"

DON'T MISS OUT...IF YOU HAVE NOT YET JOINED THE HEALTH HOME LEARNING COLLABORATIVE, CURRENT or NEW NYAPRS MEMBERS CAN STILL REGISTER TO JOIN NOW AT INFO at NYAPRS.ORG

Webinar links will be forwarded prior to the webinar:

The Agenda for the July 24th webinar is as follows:

·         Welcome, Review of Day's Agenda: Edye Schwartz

·         State Health Home Advocacy/Informational Update: Harvey Rosenthal

·         Presentation: "Lessons Learned from Missouri: Paving the Way for Health Homes"

Ø  Joseph Parks, MD, Chief Clinical Officer

Missouri Department of Mental Health

Ø  Discussants

·         Questions & Answers

For information on becoming a member please visit our website at http://www.nyaprs.org/join-us/