[NYAPRS Enews] June 27 OMH Webinar: Growing Peer Movement of Youth and Young Adults

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Tue Jun 12 08:45:51 EDT 2012

Please come the Bureau of Cultural Competence of the NYS Office of
Mental Health for this upcoming webinar presentation.

YOUTH POWER!: the Growing Peer Movement of Youth and Young Adults

Since the early 90's there has been an effort to increase peer support
and input opportunities for young people that have been identified as
having a mental health issues. That movement has grown and today we have
a statewide youth run network called YOUTH POWER! which works to ensure
the voice of young people is heard on all levels of service.

Presenter: Stephanie Orlando, Director Youth Power

Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/252559697
<https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/252559697>

YOUTH POWER! is the New York State network of young people who have been
labeled and are seeking change. Together, we have decided to speak up
about our experiences because no one knows what it is like for us better
than we do. Through peer-to-peer mentoring, we empower young people to
be active citizens who are aware of government operations, their rights
and the ability to use their voices to influence policies, practices,
regulations and laws.

Title:

YOUTH POWER!: the Growing Peer Movement of Youth and Young Adults

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Time:

10:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.