[NYAPRS Enews] NYAPRS Training Collective Announces Hudson Valley Recovery Facilitator

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Mon Jul 16 12:38:44 EDT 2012

NYAPRS Training Collective Announces

Immediate Availability: Hudson Valley Recovery Facilitator

Dedicated to Delivering Cutting Edge Training to Organizations and
Programs Throughout the Hudson Valley

NYAPRS is pleased to announce that Colleen Sheehan, our Western New York
Trainer since 2004, has relocated to the Hudson Valley and is available
immediately  to support you and your staff  with cutting edge training
and technical assistance to assist you in reaching your goals to provide
services that will help realize the dreams of people to reclaim a
meaningful life in the community.

Projects You and NYAPRS can engage in together include:

*       Personalized Recovery Oriented Services (PROS) -program tours,
technical assistance and training to support staff to acquire and
implement recovery skills and resources in program design, tools to be
fiscally viable.

*       ACT teams - facilitated development of WRAP plans to increase
team wellness and outcomes.

*       Clinic, Residential, Vocational, Clubhouse programs- training to
support staff to reframe recovery with most updated understanding and
resources; WRAP, Advance Directives, Trauma and Cultural Competence

*       Educational partnerships with colleges and university programs
to bring mental health recovery orientation, skills and resources
targeted to class syllabus- including Wellness Recovery Action Planning,
Person Centered Planning, Advanced Directives and Trauma Informed Care

*       Committee membership -brings the stakeholder view representing
the recovery and rehabilitation paradigm shift through new knowledge,
beliefs and values with a balanced respectful delivery.

Colleen's personal experiences with the behavioral health system
combined with her education, work history and knowledge of recovery
tools, give her a unique set of skills that have supported our NYAPRS
mission of sharing ways to enhance healing through mental health
services.  Colleen's  initial exposure to the role that mental health
recipients can bring to the table as a stakeholder voice, began with
training as a Recipient Associate Manager with the Buffalo Psychiatric
Center. She also worked as the first full time Peer Case Manager in the
Buffalo area.  Colleen has been with the NYAPRS Collective since Sept
2004 and  received her CPRP certification from USPRA in 2005.

Colleen and the rest of the NYAPRS team are available to support you on
your transformation journey.  We will be reaching out to each of you in
the Hudson Valley soon - but please don't wait; we are immediately
available to respond to your call.  You can reach Colleen Sheehan at
716-863-8243 or colleens at nyaprs.org <mailto:colleens at nyaprs.org> .
Please call to discuss how the NYAPRS Collective training and technical
assistance services can support you in the Hudson Valley today!

We are currently interviewing candidates in the Western region and will
be providing a Recovery Facilitator in your area to continue the work
that Colleen has been so ably involved in. Western and Central New York,
stay tuned for the announcement of your new NYAPRS Training Facilitator!
In the meantime, please continue to contact Colleen for your training
needs.

As always, it is our pleasure to work with all of you and we look
forward to joining you on your recovery transformation journeys.