[NYAPRS Enews] NYAPRS Ethnic Pride Bash Celebrates Unique Blend of Cultures from Within Us

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Tue Sep 6 08:20:25 EDT 2011

NYAPRS Ethnic Pride Bash Celebrates Unique Blend of Cultures from Within
Us

This year at the NYAPRS 29th Annual Conference "Bringing Recovery Home
for All" September 14-16,  the NYAPRS Cultural Competence committee and
the Cultural Exhibition Center will host the first ever Ethnic Pride
Bash during our famous, delicious Barbeque on Thursday night.

We invite all conference participants to wear ethnic clothes (whether
it's from your own culture or another) that evening.  In addition,
cultural music and dancing will take place throughout the evening

This years Cultural Exhibition Center will continue to feature artifacts
from around the world such as ethnic clothing, music,  paintings,
footwear, jewelries, ornaments, religious artifacts, United Nations
flags and so much more.

The center will be open from:

Wednesday, September 14th 2011-12pm to 5pm,

Thursday, September 15th from 9a.m. to  5pm.

We will be collecting cultural artifacts from Wed., Sept., 14 at 9am
until Thursday, Sept., 15, 2011. Items can be picked up before you leave
the conference or as late as Friday, Sept., 16, 2011 from 9am to 11am.

Conference participants are encouraged to bring cultural artifacts to
display in the Center and wear any ethnic article of clothing you would
like to share on Thursday night.

  Come celebrate, bring love ones, a friend, family, colleague or any
one you will want to enjoy "Bringing Recovery Home for All".