[NYAPRS Enews] Free Onsite Recovery TA Available for NYS Clinic, PROS Programs!

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Mon May 23 08:29:38 EDT 2011

NYAPRS Note: The following comes from NYAPRS Director for System
Transformation Initiatives Edye Schwartz underscoring the timely and
acclaimed personalized technical assistance available to NYS providers
through our OMH-funded NYAPRS Collective staff and expert consultants.

How Are Things Working For You?

Could Your Staff Use A Little Help With Service Design And Delivery?

The NYAPRS Collective is devoted to increasing organizational and
program level systems transformation among OMH licensed and funded
programs through intensive, on-site training and technical assistance.
This year, The Collective has prioritized its work with PROS and Mental
Health Clinic providers to assist you in implementing recovery-oriented
evidence based practices and quality standards for licensing and
certification. Our training and technical assistance initiatives are
offered at your site and are developed with your specific program needs
in mind.

Here's what others have said about the NYAPRS Collective:

"Thank you so much for the training you provided. Our staff feel very
comfortable opening up when you lead the trainings. They also welcomed
the chance to learn more about each other. The questions you raised
about how best to engage people with different backgrounds were very
helpful in focusing our work."

"Thanks so much....you have a fascinating way of eliminating gaps
between jargon and practice."

"You are knowledgeable, insightful, and have a natural way of
communicating and teaching that I admire.  Thank you for sharing your
talent with us."

Assure that you are offering person centered, recovery oriented services
that meet certification guidelines. In order to implement the NYS clinic
and PROS programs effectively, a foundation in recovery tenets is
essential.

Start with our initial Recovery trainings:

*         Looking Through the Recovery Lens-Let us introduce your staff
to the power of recovery based service provision. Recovery happens and
this training explores the research that proves it, personal experience
that lives it, elements in relationships that nurture it and skills that
foster it.

*         Building a Recovery Oriented Program-You and your staff all
believe in recovery based services but how do you implement them and
still stay fiscally viable? This training will help you to assess your
program's capacity across specific dimensions and develop concrete
implementation strategies for improvement.

*         Building Recovery Supportive Relationships-Let us demonstrate
what research has proven, that the biggest factor in supporting
individuals in the recovery journey is the relationship with someone who
believes in them. Make sure everyone in your program can be that person!

Then follow up with technical assistance to assure your program is
structured to maximize revenues and increase recovery outcomes.

Receive expert advice on improving employment and economic self
sufficiency outcomes.

Assure that your PROS and Clinic programs meet the highest standards
possible by giving your staff the tools they need for successful service
provision.

E-mail edyeschwartz at nyaprs.org today and receive recovery trainings free
of charge and specially tailored to your agency needs, thanks to funding
by the NYS Office of Mental Health. Also, check out our website at
www.nyaprs.org <http://www.nyaprs.org>  for a full listing of trainings
available to you.

What are you waiting for? Give your staff all the tools they need to
meet agency strategic goals!