[NYAPRS Enews] DOH: Assignments to Phase I Health Homes Delayed Till Feb 1

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Tue Dec 27 08:29:24 EST 2011

NYS Department of Health

December 23, 2011

Due to the delay in receiving an approved State Plan Amendment (SPA),
all list based assignments to Health Homes will be delayed until
February 1, 2012. This delay includes both Fee for Service members and
Managed Care Plan members. The State will explore converting case
management programs into Health Homes as of January 1, 2012, with the
possibility of retroactive billing.

This information will be shared on the Health Home website and through
the Health Home listserv early next week. More information on the new
implementation strategy, as well as information on billing issues and
rosters, will be forthcoming at a Statewide Webinar to be held in early
January. The actual date of the webinar will also be announced next
week.

In addition to the above news, please note, a Data Exchange Application
and Agreement (DEAA) has been or shortly will be sent to Designated
Health Homes by Caryl Shakshober, the Department's Medicaid Privacy
Officer. As mentioned during the December 9th webinar, a completed DEAA
must be submitted and approved before we can share lists with Health
Homes. We realize the due date of December 29th may be difficult for
some to meet during the holidays. Please complete the DEAA as soon as
reasonable because despite the fact that the date for list assignments
has been delayed until February 1, the sooner the DEAA is submitted and
approved, the sooner Health Homes can receive their lists.

Deirdre Astin
New York State Department of Health
Office of Health Insurance Programs
Division of Program and Development Management
Empire State Plaza, Corning Tower
Albany, NY 12237
Phone: (518) 473-6301