[NYAPRS Enews] Welcoming LGBT Mental Health Consumers Into Recovery Sept 30 Webinar

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Sun Sep 26 13:55:52 EDT 2010

NYS Office of Mental Health Bureau of Recipient Affairs

People who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender often run into
obstacles and barriers when they try to find affirming and culturally
competent mental health care.  This workshop will provide information
and best practice recommendations for care providers, consumers, and
family members, to help us all understand how we can support each other
in our recovery, regardless of our age, sexuality or gender identity.
Whether you are a care provider who would like to be more comfortable
and effective dealing with a broad range of clients; a friend or family
member of someone who is LGBT; or someone who is working on issues
relating to your own sexual orientation or  gender identity, you are
welcome to attend this presentation.

Title: "Welcoming LGBT Mental Health Consumers Into Recovery"

Date:  Thursday, September 30, 2010

Time:  1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT

Register now by clicking the link below:

https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/966894768

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.

System Requirements

PC-based attendees

Required: Windows(R) 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Macintosh(R)-based attendees

Required: Mac OS(R) X 10.4.11 (Tiger(R)) or newer