[NYAPRS Enews] Support Pat Deegan's Common Ground: Vote Today!

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Mon Nov 22 10:11:44 EST 2010

NYAPRS Note: One of our greatest recovery leaders, Pat Deegan, has
developed Common Ground, a computer program that is being made available
in innovative mental health clinics to allow people with psychiatric
disabilities to provide up to date information about their needs and
treatment preferences before each appointment with their psychiatrist.
This approach empowers both experts, patient and doctor and allows for
Shared Decision Making.

Please help Pat and Shared Decision Making successfully win a small
$10,000 grant to advance her work from the Amgen foundation by voting at
http://www.changemakers.com/node/92235. Please vote by December 1.
Thanks!

The Amgen Foundation is supporting the Patients| Choices| Empowerment
competition with Ashoka's Changemakers to answer the question of how we
can elevate patients' voices to improve health outcomes globally.

Vote for the three best, innovative solutions that that elevate
patients' voice and their decision-making powers to improve health
outcomes. The three entries that receive the most votes will each earn a
prize of USD $10,000.

We look forward to your votes! Every vote counts.

Vote from now until December 1, 2010 at
http://www.changemakers.com/node/92235.

Common Ground: We are people in recovery from major mental disorders
like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. We developed a web application
to help amplify the voice of people with psychiatric disorders during
medication visits with psychiatrists. Our application gives hope for
recovery and empowers people to participate in shared decision making
about medication treatment with psychiatrists.