[NYAPRS Enews] Friends of Recovery to Hold Feb 2 Albany Legislative Day

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Thu Jan 7 09:22:25 EST 2010

NYAPRS Note: The following comes from our friends at Friends of Recovery
- New York, a new statewide coalition of people in recovery from
addiction. According to their website (http://www.for-ny.org/), "our
community includes people in recovery, our families, friends and allies.
We come together from across New York State to ensure that any person
struggling with addiction has the opportunity to recover and reclaim
life as a member of society. Friends of Recovery - New York is dedicated
to promoting policies and practices supporting a vision of recovery from
addiction."

FOR-NY.ORG

NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US

FRIENDS OF RECOVERY NEW YORK

MAKE A DIFFERENCE

TUESDAY FEBRUARY 2, 2010

Rally to Meet with State Legislators in Albany

BE THERE

*         To speak directly to policy makers about how to support
recovery from addiction.

*         To find out more about making a difference in your local
community.

SCHEDULE

10:30 am:         Meet at Schuyler Inn, 575 Broadway, Menands, NY 12204

Introducing FOR-NY

SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS

*         Father Peter Young

*         Assemblyman Felix Ortiz

*         Commissioner Karen Carpenter-Palumbo (invited)

        12:15                Free Lunch

1:00-3:00pm      Meet with Your State Legislators

Please contact the following representatives in your area for details
including timing and transportation.

Bill Bowman : Jefferson County : 315-788-4660

Betty Currier : Otsego County : 607-287-2106

Izetta Briggs-Bolling : Sullivan County : 845-794-8080 x115

Laura Elliot-Engel : Cattaraugus County : 585-968-2172

Howard Josepher : New York City : 212-243-3434 x102

Susan Laporte : Hudson Valley : 845-657-6689

Mathew Mathai : Capital District : 518-527-3651

Keith Stack : Capital District : 518-817-2761

Charlie H Devlin : New York City : 917-848-7557