[NYAPRS Enews] NYAPRS Seeks Chief Operating Officer, Policy Director

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Mon Feb 8 08:01:08 EST 2010

NYAPRS Note: To keep pace with the rapid recent growth we've experienced
in our efforts to promote service transformation, peer service
development, community and economic development and positive public
policies, NYAPRS is seeking to fill the following two new positions. We
urge all qualified applicants to send resume and reference information
to us at danb at nyaprs.org. Please help us by circulating this widely
across your internal, state and national lists. Thanks!

New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services Seeks Chief
Operating Officer and Policy Director

NYAPRS, a rapidly growing statewide mental health organization with a
national profile that is dedicated to improving services and social
conditions for people with psychiatric disabilities by promoting their
recovery, rehabilitation and rights, seeks the following positions:

Chief Operating Officer

The Chief Operating Officer oversees overall day to day operations and
workflow/project management associated with our Administrative, Finance,
Public Policy, Peer Services, Services Transformation and Community and
Economic Development Divisions. Specific duties also include overseeing
or assuring effective:

*         Human Resources operations

*         Agency Staff and Board support

*         Member Services

*         Event and Conference management

*         Data, Web, Filing and Communications systems

Applicants should have a minimum of 10 years experience in executive
level support, experience in direct supervision of multiple staff and
projects, experience working with a Board of Directors; nonprofit and
personal experience of public mental health services a plus.

Public Policy Director

The Policy Director works with our staff, Board and grassroots statewide
membership to develop public policy advocacy priorities in the areas of
state budget, legislation, regulation and state agency implementation.

Specific duties include:

*         Coordinating annual legislative day, legislative testimony,
follow up meetings etc.

*         Facilitating ongoing regional policy forums and events

*         Conducting ongoing visits with public officials and allies

*         Maintaining a daily mental health e news one way listserv

Applicants should have an extensive working knowledge and experience
working to shape  public policy, excellent public speaking and written
skills, ability to travel and work some nights and weekends. Personal
experience of public mental health services a plus.

NYAPRS offers very competitive salaries, excellent benefits including
fully paid individual health insurance, flexible spending accounts and
pension plan. To apply please email cover letter and resume to
danb at nyaprs.org or fax to 518-436-0044. See www.nyaprs.org for agency
details.

signature database 4847 (20100208) __________

http://www.eset.com