[NYAPRS Enews] Elimination of Disparities in MH Care Teleconference: October 15th 2009

Matt Canuteson MattC at nyaprs.org
Fri Oct 9 06:30:23 EDT 2009

NYAPRS Note: The following teleconference announcement comes to us from
The National Technical Assistance Center for Children's Mental Health
and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration/Center
for Mental Health Services.

2009 National Topical Telephone Conference Call Series

"Elimination of Disparities in Mental Health Care: An Overview"

Thursday, October 15th from 1-2:30pm ET.

Please Register At:
http://gucchd.georgetown.edu/programs/ta_center/tacalls2009.html
<http://gucchd.georgetown.edu/training/78174.html>

We invite you to sign up and participate in the continuation of our 2009
national topical telephone conference call series.  The National
Technical Assistance Center for Children's Mental Health, which is
funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
Administration/Center for Mental Health Services; is again sponsoring
this exciting and well-received monthly series of topical calls.  The
conference calls cover important and emerging trends in the mental
health field.  Presentations from expert resource persons are followed
by open discussion in order for all participants to ask questions and
enrich the conversation.  We hope you will share this educational
opportunity with others so that they may participate as well.

Please visit our website:

http://gucchd.georgetown.edu/programs/ta_center/tacalls2009.html
<http://gucchd.georgetown.edu/training/78174.html>  for registration
information and the full 2009 Calendar of Calls.

Our next calls will be part of a Technical Assistance Call Series on the
Elimination of Disparities in Mental Health Care.  This series of three
technical assistance calls will deepen the knowledge and understanding
of the root causes of disparities in mental health care and strategies
that can be applied to address these disparities at the systemic,
organizational and practice levels.

The calls will focus on the following:

*         Disparities in availability, accessibility, affordability,
appropriateness, and acceptability of mental health services

*         Social determinants of health and mental health status and the
relationship to disparities

*         Implementation strategies and lessons from other child serving
systems, states, communities and organizations

*         The role of cultural and linguistic competence in addressing
disparities

This month's call, "Elimination of Disparities in Mental Health Care: An
Overview" will be held on Thursday, October 15th from 1-2:30pm ET.
Please register at:
http://gucchd.georgetown.edu/programs/ta_center/tacalls2009.html
<http://gucchd.georgetown.edu/training/78174.html>

All information about the national conference call series can be found
on our website, including announcements, registration forms, handouts,
and evaluation forms.  There are no registration fees for these calls.
The only cost that you will incur will be the long-distance phone
charges.  You should register for each call at our website so that we
know how many lines to set up and how to structure the call to meet your
needs.  If you have any trouble accessing our website, please call or
e-mail MelKisha Knight at (202) 687-5020 so that we can arrange to mail
or fax you the information.

We hope that you and other individuals in your state, tribe, territory,
and community will find these calls useful.  We look forward to your
participation and feedback.

The National Technical Assistance Center for Children's Mental Health is