[NYAPRS Enews] MHN: Orange Co Gains SAMHSA Child MH System of Care Grant

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Wed Sep 17 08:49:48 EDT 2008

Orange County To Receive Mental Health Grant

Mid Hudson News   September 17, 2008

GOSHEN - Orange County's application to the federal Substance Abuse and
Mental Health Services Administration for a Child Mental Health
Initiative System of Care Grant was approved.

"This grant will benefit our departments of Mental Health, Social
Service, Health Department, Probation, Information Services and our
Youth Bureau as well as numerous community not-for- profit agencies and
the United Way," said County Executive Edward Diana.

"In addition to the program and service benefits that this grant will
allow us to realize we are pleased that the State University of New York
at Albany has agreed to partner with us for the research and on-going
evaluation of this family-driven coordinated system of care," said
Mental Health Commissioner Chris Ashman.

The grant will provide $9 million in funding to Orange County over the
next six years and support the county's targeted programs and services
as identified in the grant proposal which was submitted in January of
this year.

This grant is still subject to acceptance by a vote of the full
legislature.

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/September08/17/OC_menhel_grant-17Sep08
.html