[NYAPRS Enews] Alert: Call Albany This Monday to Push for $2 Million Employment Expansion!

Matt Canuteson MattC at nyaprs.org
Fri Feb 15 14:28:08 EST 2008

CALL ALBANY NEXT WEEK!

URGE YOUR STATE SENATOR AND ASSEMBLY MEMBER TO FUND EMPLOYMENT SERVICES

FOR NON-MEDICAID MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAMS

Push for More Assistance to Help New Yorkers

With Psychiatric Disabilities Get Back to Work!

This year's OMH budget included an increase in state aid to fund
employment services delivered through New York State's Medicaid
rehabilitation license called Personalized Recovery Oriented Services
(PROS). While this is an important advance for employment in our
Medicaid system, we need state legislators to add similar employment
dollars to local clubhouse and social club programs that exist in every
county across the state.

These programs have a long history of commitment to promoting wellness
and employment, but job support services have long gone unfunded or
underfunded!

New Yorkers need a $2 million increase in state aid to fund job finding,
coaching and support and benefits advisement services

in over 50 non-Medicaid club rehabilitation programs statewide.

CALL YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS THIS MONDAY!

Assembly: 518-455-4100

"I'm a registered voter from your district asking you to you to urge
Speaker Silver and Assembly MH Committee Chair Rivera to approve $2
million for mental health employment services.

Senate: 518-455-2800

"I'm a registered voter from your district asking you to you to urge
Senate Leader Bruno and Senate MH Committee Chair Morahan to approve $2
million for mental health employment services.

 Questions: contact Matt Canuteson at mattc at nyaprs.org