[NYAPRS Enews] MHANYS: Parents w/ Psych Disabilities Albany Nov 1 Conference

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Wed Oct 17 13:45:26 EDT 2007

The Mental Health Association in New York State

Parents with Psychiatric Disabilities Initiative Meeting:

Parenting, Recovery and Stigma

Best Western Sovereign Hotel Albany, 1228 Western Avenue, Albany, NY 12203

November 1, 2007 Conference Agenda

8:30 - 8:30 Registration/Continental Breakfast

9:00 - 9:30 Welcome and Introductions

9:30 - 10:30 Parenting, Recovery, Custody, and Stigma

* Grace Nichols, Albany

* Elizabeth Patience, Alexandria Bay

10:30 - 10:45 Break

10:35 - 12:00 Legal Realities

* Invited speaker

12:00 - 1:00 Networking Lunch

1:00 - 3:00 Legislative and Parenting Strategies

* Katy Kaplan, Coordinator, UPENN Collaborative on Community

Integration of Individuals with Psychiatric Disabilities

* Loran Kundra, Attorney and Parent

3:00 - 3:15 Break

3:15 - 4:00 New Mothers Wellness Toolkit

* Amy Colesante, Executive Director, Mental Health

Empowerment Project, Inc.

4:00 - 4:30 Next Steps

This conference is made possible by a grant from the New York State Office of Mental Health

Registration Form

Parenting, Recovery, and Stigma - November 1, 2007

Name: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Title: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Agency: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Address: _________________________________________________________ State _____ Zip: ________________________

Telephone: (_____) ______________________________________________ Fax: (______) ________________________________

Email: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Web site: _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Registration includes continental breakfast, lunch, and conference materials.

Registration Fee: $40 per participant

or

Full scholarships for parents with limited income with

completed registration

Registration Deadline: Monday, October 24, 2007

REGISTER ON LINE at www.mhanys.org

Payment

□ Check enclosed. Please make check payable to: Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc.

□ VISA □ MasterCard □American Express □Discover

Name on card:____________________________________________________________________________________________

Card #: _______________________________________________________ Security Code ______________

Signature________________________________________________________ Expiration Date _____________

□ Scholarship requested.

Please mail or fax payment to:

Mental Health Association in New York State, Inc.

194 Washington Avenue, Suite 415

Albany, NY 12210

Telephone: (518) 434-0439 x211

Fax: (518) 427-8676

Please register by October 24, 2007.

Directions

Best Western Sovereign Hotel Albany

1228 Western Avenue, Albany, New York, 12203-3326, US

Phone: 518-489-2981 Fax: 518-489-8967

Directions: