[NYAPRS Enews] NYAPRS Announces 2008 Conference Dates, Theme, Featured Speakers

Harvey Rosenthal harveyr at nyaprs.org
Thu Dec 20 07:56:08 EST 2007

NYAPRS Note: This year, our Conference Committee and staff have
identified as conference priorities, the themes of integrated services
that promote wellness and recovery for the diversity of people we serve
and approaches that best assist people with psychiatric disabilities to
integrate into their home communities.

Towards that end, our Wednesday evening keynote Dr. Judith Cook will
discuss emerging best practice ways to integrate employment goals and
outcomes into our practice, our Thursday morning keynoters Commissioners
Mike Hogan (OMH) and Karen Carpenter-Palumbo (OASAS) will discuss
strategies their agencies are pursuing, together and separately, to
integrate mental health and substance abuse recovery approaches and our
Thursday lunch keynote, Kathleen Crowley will share about her inspiring
personal efforts to successfully see 'Procovery' initiatives integrated
as Missouri state policy. We'll also be featuring stirring presentations
by our own Deputy Director Mathew Mathai and former President Steve
Miccio.

For a limited time, we're offering pre-registration for the conference
at 2007 rates, so act today to be sure to join us for another very
special NYAPRS Annual Conference program and experience!

NYAPRS

is pleased to announce our

26th Annual Conference

Integrating Our Services, Integrating Our Lives

Featured speakers include:

Judith Cook, PhD

Director, Center on Mental Health Services Research and Policy

Kathleen Crowley

Executive Director, The Procovery Institute

Michael Hogan, PhD

Commissioner, NYS Office of Mental Health

Karen Carpenter-Palumbo, LMSW

Commissioner, NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services

Larry Davidson, PhD

Associate Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry

Yale University School of Medicine

Steve Miccio

Executive Director, PEOPLe, Inc.

Mathew Mathai, CPRP

Deputy Director, NYAPRS

Including a specialized Psychiatric Rehabilitation Institute and
Criminal Justice Initiative!

------------
For A Limited Time Only

End of the Year Special!

2008 Conference at the 2007 Rates!

January 1, 2008 prices will increase!

NYAPRS is very pleased to offer a time limited discount to those wishing
to get premium accommodations for our

26th Anniversary Conference

September 24-26, 2008

at the Nevele Grande Resort, Ellenville, NY

2 nights/3 days -

Wednesday, September 24 - Friday, September 26*

Golden Gate

single  $490.00

double $375.00/pp

triple     $345.00/pp

Tower/Colonnades

single $530.00

double $425.00/pp

triple $395.00/pp

Empire

single $570.00

double $465.00/pp

triple $435.00/pp

3 nights/4 days -

Tuesday, September 23 -Friday, September 26*

Golden Gate

single  $615.00

double $500.00/pp

triple     $470.00/pp

Tower/Colonnades

single $655.00

double $550.00/pp

triple $520.00/pp

Empire

single  $695.00

double $590.00/pp

triple   $560.00/pp

*If you are not a member of NYAPRS please add $60 to price.

State or County Department Officials may use the membership rate for
determining your rate.

Above price includes hotel registration, lodging, and all meals (from
dinner the day of arrival through lunch the day of departure), all
workshops, the full range of entertainment, social and recreational
events,

Wednesday evening reception and our now-famous Thursday evening barbeque
are also included!

If you any have questions, please call Mary McLaughlin at 518/436-0008 x
23.

Please send this completed form with payment and check (payable) to:

NYAPRS

Attn: Mary McLaughlin NYAPRS, 1 Columbia Place, Albany, NY 12207

For your own safety, please do not email your credit card information.

Credit card orders may be faxed to: (518) 436-0044, attn: Mary

-- all others must be mailed with check enclosed.

If you are registering more than one person, you will receive a call in
August

requesting the names of the attendees.

please print clearly ~ please make copies of this form to pass on to
coworkers & colleagues

Name of contact person who can answer questions.

Organization

Address

City

State

Zip

Email

Phone: (include area code)

Fax # (include area code)

Arrival Date:

Departure Date:

Check no. enclosed:                 for $ _______________

or

Please charge my credit card:

* American Express * Discover

* MasterCard    * Visa

Name on card:

Card no:

Expiration date

Signature of card holder authorizing charge to card:

Credit card registrations may be faxed to: 518-436-0044, all others must
be mailed with the check.